By Michael Francis |
There are many benefits of a good lumper service. Here are a few to show you the savings by having a inhouse unloading service.
1. Productivity- Lumper Services pay their unloaders strictly by productivity either by case, load, or pallet. This means that if they move slow this reflects on their checks. Bottom line they have a huge incentive to move fast. By this increase productivity this is going to lower your manhours and cost of operations.
2. Backup- If you are short receivers, lift operators, or personal you can use the lumpers for temp labor. This will make up for your companies shortage of man power for that specific day.
3. Another Productivity Factor- By having the same lumpers in the warehouse they will master the loads and become able to kick them out faster than any temp labor.
4. Staffing- If the lumpers do a good job inside of the warehouse you can use them as a training ground to see who you want working for you operation company. If they have been unloading trucks for 3-6 months and are efficiant with the equipment and also productive you can hire them. This saves you the time of going through the hiring process, training your on employee’s, only to find out most of them don’t want to work or don’t make your cut.
5. Cost Benefits- Having a lumper service you pay no overtime hours and its usually a set rate per case or load. Stays the same for the term of the contract. Some warehouses don’t have to pay nothing at all. If you have a complete outside warehouse with no logistics its the carriers responsibility to pay.
6. On-Site Management Staff- to assist you with day to day decisions to maintain fluent dock flow and high productivity levels.
7. Productivity Reports- Weekly reports that show cases, pallets, per hour on a daily and weekly basis. You can identify your problems, and come up with a solution to fix weaknesses in your operations.
8. On-Site Temp. Labor- On site temporary labor for just about any job you are working on. Whether its sanitation, will call, quality control, outbound, inbound, you have that additional staff on hand that is not costing you nothing being in your right hand.
Topics: | No Comments »